Our trust aims to meet its statutory obligations when responding to complaints from parents of children at our schools, and from other people or professionals.
When responding to complaints, we aim to:
- Be impartial and non-adversarial
- Facilitate a full and fair investigation by an independent person or panel, where necessary
- Address all the points at issue and provide an effective and prompt response
- Respect complainants’ desire for confidentiality
- Treat complainants with respect and courtesy
- Ensure that any decisions we make are lawful, rational, reasonable, fair and proportionate, in line with the principles of administrative law
- Keep complainants informed of the progress of the complaints process
- Consider how the complaint can feed into school improvement evaluation processes
We will try to resolve concerns or complaints by informal means wherever possible. Where this is not possible, formal procedures will be followed.
Creating Tomorrow academies trust will aim to give the complainant the opportunity to complete the complaints procedure in full.
To support this, we will ensure we publicise the existence of this policy and make it available on the trust website and those of each school.
Throughout the process we will be sensitive to the needs of all parties involved, and make any reasonable adjustments needed to accommodate individuals.
This policy aims to promote and embed the core values of Creating Tomorrow academies trust:
Our core values define how we expect everyone within the trust to conduct themselves on a day-to-day basis and act as a guide to ensure safe, positive and professional behaviour. The trust expects everyone (including those not employed by Creating Tomorrow academies trust) to be treated with respect and dignity and will not tolerate aggressive behaviour, either verbal or physical.
Relationships are at the heart of everything we do, and the quality of relationships is a strong factor underpinning any concern or complaint. Through building positive relationships we hope that we be able to manage any concern or complaint quickly to ensure effective working is resumed and so to benefit everyone.
Across the trust we work to develop:
- Relationship with self;
- Relationship with others;
- Relationship with the curriculum.